Postane is an urban hub designed to serve individuals and organizations whose work focuses on creating social and environmental impact aiming to build a more just city, country, and planet. We aim to provide inclusive, stimulating, safe and exciting spaces in which a diverse range of people and groups can come together to work, organise, learn, create, celebrate and collaborate.
Postane is about growing and nurturing a vibrant community of people wanting to change the world – a place that is recognized locally and globally as a cutting-edge hub for collaboration and innovation in the cultural, civic sectors and social economy ecosystem.
In Postane we also aim to build an alternative model of workspaces as well as how social and cultural spaces are managed – where membership and access are inclusive and respect diversity. We expect our community to share the values such as commitment to justice, caring for each other, protecting the environment, cooperation, and mutual aid.
About The Role:
Postane endeavours to build an inclusive and representative team that embraces diversity. We are looking for a team player with the ability and experience to establish new programs in line with Postane’s vision as well as manage existing programs. Postane is about to launch a series of new programs in collaboration with international partners. The Programs Coordinator will work closely with Postane’s Director and be accountable for the overall programs of Postane, including international projects management, new program development, and funding applications.
- Developing and implementing programs in line with Postane’s values and thematic focuses
- Coordinating international programs on exchanges, exhibitions, research, micro-grants and production residencies
- Developing collaborations with Postane’s international partners
- Organising online and physical events in coordination with the Events Coordinator, to attract an audience and build a vibrant community based on the themes set by Postane
- Financial and impact monitoring & reporting of programs in coordination with the Head of Operations
- Ensuring effective communication of programs in coordination with the Communication Coordinator
- Working with the Programs Team of Postane to report to the Director and the Head of Operations
Experience & Requirements:
- Experience developing and implementing programs
- Minimum 3 years experience in cultural institutions
- Knowledge of artists, curators, and activists communities in Turkey and Europe
- Thematic interest in environmental justice, food, water, land and heritage subjects
- A graduate-level degree in design, planning, cultural management or equivalent (preferred)
- Experience working in the social justice, social impact, or NGO sector
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency and experience working with other financial management tools
- Exceptional organisational, multitasking and project management skills
- Strong relational and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Turkish
- Experience working in a start-up environment (preferred)
- Being available for international travel
How To Apply:
We are offering a full-time contract (subject to funding availability) with a one-month probation period. Compensation is commensurate with experience. We are looking for someone to start immediately.
Please send your application to email@example.com no later than November 11, 2022 with a short CV/resume (no longer than two typed pages), and a motivation letter (no longer than one typed page) describing why you are interested in and qualified for the position, and contact details for two referees with previous work experience.